1 Jun 2013

More current favourite drinks (Matcha tea)

After my last post on my current favourite drinks, it crossed my mind that I forgot to mention a very important new green tea discovery: Matcha tea. So, I decided to share some more information about my favourite drinks with you. 

I first came across Matcha tea when Leo Babauta from zenhabits mentioned it in his healthy eating challenge. Once, he also drank it in one of his videos. He seems to drink it in the traditional way with a traditional bowl (chawan), after having used a traditional spoon (chashaku) and a tradtional bamboo whisk (chasen). I found that so interesting that I still remember it but I didn't consider to try it myself at that time yet. First, I had to witness many of the German and Austrian health bloggers I currently follow to mention it on their blogs and on Twitter. But then, I had to try it myself and I really like it. But I am an advanced green tea drinker and used to the taste of green tea anyway. Matcha tea is not much different. It just has a stronger effect and makes me more awake faster.

I am not such an advanced Matcha tea drinker. I like to drink it in a huge Guinness mug and use a normal spoon and my british milk frother instead of a chashaku and a chasen. ;-)



I have to admit, that the only shop for matcha tea that I tried is imogti. But as I am really happy with the products and content with taste and quality and also with price, I don't really want to experiment. Here are the products from imogti that I tried and really like and repurchase on a regular basis (well, until now I was only able to empty the Matcha tea but the other products will be repurchased when they are empty as well):

This is the Matcha tea of imogti which I love to drink in a huge Guiness Mug as shown above:

This are Matcha pearls which are sugary sweets with Matcha tea:

Here is a closer look to the pearls:

And I also adore the drinking chocolate that is offered by imogti:

This drinking chocolate provides very strong comptetion to the one by Clipper that I mentioned in my previous favorite drinks post. This is how I store my drinking chocolate by imogti:

Note that imogti also delivers to the UK (I asked recently because I really need to reorder soon ;-)) and probably also to most european countries.



No comments:

Post a Comment