15 Aug 2012

Travel organization revisited

I'm going on vacation. Yay! My boyfriend had to force me because I am a bit obsessed with my sports routine and my thesis at the moment. Believe it or not, we even had a bit of a fight when I told him that I didn't have time to take holidays. Well, he convinced me and now I am really glad that he was so persistent and forced happiness upon me. 

We'll spend 6 days in a hut in the black forest together with friends. Hence, we will have a lot of fun and a great time hiking, barbecuing, lying in the sun and relaxing. Have a look at what expects me (notice that I've found the picture on the web; this is not our precise destination - but in the black forest it looks like that just about everywhere :-)):
found @fewo-silvia
Currently, I am trying to improve my organization in general and this holds also for the organization of my traveling: this means that I am optimizing packing routines and joining similar things together in small bags in order to find them more quickly in the luggage - this holds also for my everyday small distance traveling to University and back. E.g. I pack my electronic stuff together in a small bag, my beauty stuff in another small bag, etc. In this way, I always just have to grab a few small bags and don't have to remember each item itself. I might show you some of my organizational improvements soon.

However, as we are discussing my upcoming vacation, I would like to share with you my improvements with organizing my luggage for short trips. The reason why I try to improve my luggage organization is because I don't want to be like this anymore (see the proof of me being like that here - haha ;-)):



I want to find out which things are really necessary during traveling and which things are rather negligible during traveling.

This post mainly deals with organizing my beauty for traveling but I also briefly discuss my other luggage. I have already written about beauty organization for short trips (see the post here), but this post was very weird and unorganized - just like my traveling organization itself. As the title indicates it was mere struggling with beauty items and less organizing them. :-D I'm afraid that this post won't be much better. But I want to share it with you nevertheless. ;-)

This is what I'll take with me beauty wise:
These are 7 little bags and it looks like a lot but it isn't. See for example how few makeup items I'll take with me:
These are from left to right:
  • brush cleanser (this one is re-bottled and originally from MAC)
  • 2 brushes (MAC 208 and Essence eyeliner brush - these angled brushes are the best for Bobbi Brown gel eyeliners)
  • Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner in espresso
  • 2 eye shadow sticks (these are incredibly old and orginally from MAC) in golden brown and golden beige
  • the uma lip gloss that was in my Pink Box August (I take it with me in order to experiment more with it)
  • Astor mascara (Big and Beautiful False Lashes) that came with my Pink Box July (I want to have more dramatic lashes in my holidays)
  • Khol liner by Lakshmi in clear (in the cold variant which stimulates lacrimation)
  • Lip stick by Lakshmi
  • Solid perfume by L'Occitane (this is a product I want to use up)
  • Alverde blush in light pink (see it also in my Favourites of July post)
Have a closer look at my single two eye shadows that I'll take with me:
As they are sticks, they are perfect for travelling. They don't need any additional brush. Furthermore they stay on the lids all day (even without an eyeshadow base) and work perfectly together in creating a full eye makeup. I love them but use them only when I'm traveling because at home I enjoy using my brushes.

For skin care I'll take with me the following products:
Again, from left to right, these are:
  • Samples of the Dove nourishing cream and the Nivea cream
  • a lip balm by Blütezeit
  • a body lotion by Logona
  • 2 samples of a horse balm product (if it's really hot I might enjoy the refreshing effect after hiking :-))
  • hand cream by Nuxe
  • foot cream by Scholl
  • a 15ml sample by my beloved Clarins hydraquench cream for normal to dry skin
  • an eye cream by Nonique
My cleaning products during my trip will be (I also added the antiperspirant and a face spray):
  • a soap 
  • a antiperspirant by Rexona (as it can't be seen on the picture properly, here is a better closeup of the antiperspirant)
  • a shower gel by Nivea
  • In the Kaufmann' Kinder- und Hautcreme box, eye make up remover wipes can be found (I love to rebottle and rebox for travelling :-))
  • 3 shampoo samples that came with my Pink Box August
  • 3 sample packs of make up remover wipes (This might be too many of them but I don't want to end up in the middle of nowhere without anything to clean my face)
  • Avène face water (see it also here) - this is just perfect after having been sunburnt, hence I especially want to try it during my trip
And here are my teeth products and my medicine (and some other stuff):
From left to right, these are:
  • Medicine against head ache (Aspirin for chewing)
  • Mouth rinse
  • Peppermint oil against head ache (the little green item on the top of the picture, it's the Migrastick as can be seen here as well)
  • 2 mirrors, one a bit bigger and one very small (for the eyes only)
  • my manicure kit (see it here as well)
  • silicone ear plugs as can be seen here
  • a razor 
  • eye drops
  • tooth paste
My tooth brush is this one here:

My manicure kit looks like that from the inside (I have added a glas nail file and tweezers by Rubis to the manicure kit that I bought last June):

This is my tiny hair dryer for traveling (it's really tiny and can be found in any Muji store):

As I expect to be often outside (and hope for a lot of sun), I'll take a lot of sun products with me as well:
I just take 2 Lancaster samples (that I got a present with me) and some drugstore sun products with me as I want to experiment with them all - oh why are my holidays only 6 days long?  
This is how the sun products look as I organized them bagged up in such a Toppits zipper bag:

I will have to bring my own towels with me but in order to save space and weight, I take these super light traveling towels with me (one for the face and one for the body - the superthin one in the bag is huge as it is for the body and very, very thin but it can suck a huge amount of water in):
I have added a mascara for size reference.

Of course I also want to do some sports and take a Theraband and a yoga mat with me:

And these are the books I'll take with me:

As my makeup consists of wearable and simple colours that don't conflict with any wardrobe, I just take care that the colours of the clothes don't conflict with each other. I'll take with me:
  • 6 short sleeved shirts/blouses
  • 2 pairs of jeans, 1 pair of shorts, 1 belt
  • 3 pairs of shoes (rubber shoes for walking through water, sandals, sneakers)
  • 2 warm sweaters 
  • 1 jacket
  • 1 bikini
  • enough socks & underwear for 6 days (including tank tops for wearing underneath when it is very cold)
  • 1 pyjama
And last but not least, I'll take music and workout videos on my smartphone with me. And I'll also take my laptop and even some reading material for my thesis with me. Who knows - I might end up with plenty of opportunities for working. ;-)

What do you take with you in your holidays beauty wise and in general?

No comments:

Post a Comment