4 Aug 2012

Pink Box August

It's Pink Box time again. My Pink Box August just arrived (well, it arrived yesterday but I haven't been at home and had to get it from the post office today). This is how it looked upon arrival:
The parcel contained a magazine, a coupon (for the Lashmi shop which is really, really great because I love Lakshmi and will definitely use this coupon!) and the pink box.

Here is a picture of the Pink Box after opening it:



This time my pink box contains the following things:
  • 4 Samples from Everdry
  • 3 Samples for a L'Oréal Elvital shampoo
  • a Thriller (in German we would call it "3-Groschen-Roman")
  • a L'Oréal eye cream
  • a lip gloss by UMA
  • a nail polish (again from Cathrine, like last month)
  • a bath bomb in tulip shape by Lush
Let's start with having a closer look at the makeup items: My Pink Box contains a nail polish by Cathrine in a stormy dark grey blue and an UMA lip gloss in a nice natural colour.
The lip gloss is nice and although UMA is a cheap drugstore brand I have nice memories of it. E.g. years ago when nail polishes were really unhealthy (well, they still are but then it was even worse), the nail polishes by UMA were tested with the best results by Ökotest which is a German magazine that tests the ingredients of products. UMA is not available everywhere but you can find it in Karstadt for example. Hence, I somehow like this brand and I will experiment with this lip gloss. The first impression is not bad. The colour is wearable and it feels nice on the lips.
The colour of the nail polish is much better than last month (see the Pink Box July here). I love this metallic stormy grey blue. Hence, I am much happier with it than with the golden red of last month. Have a closer look at a swatch here: 

The tulip bath bomb by Lush is also a really nice product and although I actually never take a bath but rather shower, I'm sure that I will try it as soon as it gets colder again. Here is a closer look to the bath bomb by Lush:

The eye cream by L'Oréal is an eye cream against wrinkles and I will try it for sure. I am not a fan of L'Oréal but I am willing to give them a chance. Last month, the hair oil by Fructis has been a great surprise and this is why I am much more open to brands I initially don't like that much. Here is a closer look to the eye cream:

There have also been 3 samples of the L'Oréal Elvital Nutri-Gloss crystal shampoo included in my Pink Box and I will also try these. I doubt that I'll like that shampoo but these samples are perfect for travelling and as it happens, I'll be travelling this month and I welcome these shampoo samples as they will allow me to shrink my luggage. :-)

The samples by Everdry contain a product against sweat. I.e. the product prevents sweating from the beginning such that you don't get wet. As far as I know it is not healthy to hold back the sweat as sweating is a natural body function that helps your body to cool and also cleans you as you sweat out slag materials. Hence, I am a bit sceptic and might not try them at all. I don't sweat that much anyway. The more sports you do the more you sweat and I sweat more than before I started to do sports but the amount of sweat is still by far not alarming and I don't suffer of oversweating at all. On the contrary. Hence, I just don't need such kind of product. And in general, I also welcome a bit of sweat when its hot (and during sports I even love sweating ;-)).

Below you can see the magazine, the thriller and the coupon for Lakshmi. I have to admit that I haven't read any of the magazines that came with my Pink Boxes before and I doubt that I'll read this magazine and this thriller. Nevertheless, the lakshmi coupon is really great and I am looking very much forward to soon ordering with the Lakshmi online shop.

Here is the official content description of the Pink Box August:

Last month, I was considering to cancel my Pink Box subscription but I like the content of this month and hence I will keep it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment