17 Aug 2012

On using up makeup

I try to focus on using up makeup products because in my whole life I have managed to empty only one single (and tiny) cream blush. It was my first blush and it was by Maxfactor and very, very tiny and still, I needed many years to empty it. I've read on different beauty blogs that others sometimes only need up to 6 months for a powder blush or an eye shadow. This is very cool and I am a bit jealous. I keep buying this stuff and it never gets empty ...

A couple of days ago, however, I managed to empty 2 makeup products at once. See them here:



These products once were a skin coloured base eye shadow by Alverde (see it here among my favourites in July) and a brown khol liner by Alverde (I haven't included this one in my favourites because - to be honest - it's okayish but not the best). I have a ton of khols and skin coloured eye shadows and this is why they have to go - the used up kind of way, however. ;-)

With the khol liner, the pencil lead came out while I was sharpening it. This was the moment in which it was clear that I emptied it completely. :-)

Look at picture of the empty pencil:

The khol liner was really tiny in the end:

The skin coloured base eye shadow unfortunately crumbled in the end such that I was not able to empty it properly. I should have used the thicker parts of the border when taking product on my brush. As I tried to empty the eye shadow on only one side of the border completely, it broke there and the whole pressed powder became unstable. I've thrown it away as I didn't want to press that bit of eyeshadow into a smaller pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment